On-going research continues to demonstrate the vitally important role parents/carers play in the education of their child.
Why partnership and good communication is important to us all:
At St Mary’s C of E Primary School and Nursery , we believe:
- that every child is entitled to the best learning opportunity and we are committed to working in partnership with parents/carers to deliver this.
- that the child is the most important consideration of any conversation
- that a three way process of communication between the child, home and school is essential for all children thrive and flourish
- that all communication should be open, accessible, timely, respectful and appropriate
- that communication is about more than information exchange: it is about the development of positive relationships
- that communication involves active listening
- when parents/carers understand what a school is aiming to achieve and work with the school to achieve this, they are able to help their own children more.