Our school's curriculum comprises of all learning experiences that we plan and offer to our pupils. The National Curriculum forms only one part of this and we aim to provide the children with truly inspiring learning opportunities, which engage and inspire all children to reach their full potential. We achieve this in a variety of ways including:
- Engaging contexts for learning which reflect real life or follow children’s interests
- Using different locations, taking learning outside or going on visits
- Making good use of local and national events e.g. Remembrance Day
- Offering a wide range of clubs and extended opportunities
- Providing inspirational experiences such as performing in Bath or the O2 in London, living history days, opportunities to work with artists, visiting places of worship...
Through our curriculum, we aim for children to have the best possible opportunities to become successful, independent learners - who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve high standards in a safe environment. We create confident, creative individuals - who are able to live healthy, happy, fulfilling lives as responsible citizens - who make a positive contribution.
At St Mary’s Church of England Primary School we promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty as well as the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Please see the individual subject areas to find out more about the curriculum.