Term 5 Home Learning
11.05.20 NEW HOME LEARNING PACKS (TERM 5B)
New home learning packs are now available to collect from the front of school this Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th May. You may also change any reading books you have at home. Please remember to follow the rules of social distancing when collecting your packs. I have included a suggested timetable for home learning over the next two weeks, as well as a blank timetable to record any online or additional learning at home. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via the school email address or your child's Purple Mash email.
30.04.20 You may have found that the White Rose maths sheets that I provided in your learning packs are not linking with the videos on the White Rose website. Since sending out your learning packs, White Rose has updated their home learning with a new timetable, which unfortunately doesn't include Position and Direction. Huge apologies for this. We will be following the updated timetable in our new learning packs due out 11th May.
Update: 30th April 2020
Hello Class 2! I hope you are enjoying your new learning packs and also having fun learning with BBC Bitesize. Here are a few tips to get the best out of your learning:
- When learning at home try to focus on 3 activities a day for 30 mins each
- 30 minutes of Maths
- 30 minutes of Literacy
- 30 minutes of another subject - DT, Topic, RE, Sciece
- Try to read every day too, just as you would do when you are at school. Reading is still so important for your learning. You will be able to change your school reading books, when you come to collect your new learning packs, in the week beginning 11th May.
- Don't forget that we have lots of online learning too - Purple Mash, Mathletics, Times Tables Rockstars and Teach Your Monster to Read, as well as the new NumBots. Have a go at the activities on Purple Mash as part of your 30 mins activities. When you 'hand your work in', I can mark it and send a little message back to you!
- PE is still an important part of your day. If you haven't already, try a Joe Wicks workout on YouTube or go for a walk or a bike ride. If you have a garden try practising your ball skills, skipping or jumping. An hour of exercise everyday makes us feel great and it's so good for us too!
We will be collecting in your home learning packs to celebrate your achievements. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have done.
Have you tried BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons yet? There are three lessons each day, with videos and quizzes to help you with your learning. We think they're fabulous. Try to fit them into your weekly learning.
You can find them at:
It's the Summer Term!
I hope you have all had a restful Easter break and have enjoyed the gorgeous weather we have been having, either in your garden or out on a daily walk, run or cycle.
I will now be updating this page for Term 5, with new information and learning ideas, so please keep checking back to see if there's anything new. All of the school closure information from last term, including useful websites can still be found on our Class 2 School Closure page.
Your new Term 5 home learning packs are now ready to collect from school and will be available to pick up on Tuesday 21st April and Wednesday 22nd April, during normal school hours. You can find our packs in the Year 2 box. Please observe the one way system and social distancing rules.
As last term, try to complete around 3 pieces of work a day, one maths, one literacy and a topic, science, DT or RE piece. Full details of the work that has been set is in the packs. Of course, you can always do more, and don't forget to keep active. We're still loving the Joe Wicks PE sessions every morning!
This term we would also like you to take part in the BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons that were launched on Monday 21st April. They can be found at:
There are 3 lessons to complete everyday, with fab videos, interactive quizzes and written activities. Full details, along with a timetable for you to record your learning, is available for you to collect with your learning packs.
Don't forget to keep up your online learning on Purple Mash, Mathletics, Times Tables Rockstars, Numbots and Teach Your Monster to Read. I look forward to seeing the amazing work that you have been doing, especially on Purple Mash, where I can send you a message after you have handed in your work. Well done to all of you who have handed in your work so far!
Please remember, if you have any questions, please contact us either through our school email below or through our new St Mary's Primary School Facebook page.
Have fun learning and let me know how you're getting on through Purple Mash 2email.